Max came running into our room this morning and exclaimed, "I'm going to school today!" This was at 7 am, mind you, and he is in afternoon kindergarten that doesn't start until 12:30.
We told him we were excited for him and then went back to bed. :-)
He looked so grown up in his new clothes (Thanks, Nana!) and was so happy to be going to school.
When we got to the school, he got right in line
So, in case you are wondering, there is nothing wrong with Zoe's arm. She just "bonked" it and felt that a wrap would
So when Max got home, we asked him what was the best and worst things of the day.
Best: Riding the bus home. Always a fun thing.
Worst: Not getting recess because his teacher forgot. Day 1 and already recess is a big deal. Who knew?
All in all, a momentus day for us. Now, I'm ready for a good night's sleep. :-)
11 comments:
I can't believe Max is already in school! It doesn't seem that long ago he and Kennedy were crawling around and playing in the backyard.
I seriously don't believe that he is old enough for school! I remember when he was born and that seems like just a few years ago. Way to go Max!! I'm glad he likes school now, cause one day he won't be as excited. There is nothing like the first day of school!
I thought I would get emotional about watching my own kids go to school and I'm sitting here trying not to cry looking at these pictures of Max! :o) Since when did he grow up? He looks so cute - I love that picture of him getting off the bus! Hooray for Max!
I hope every day is as good as the fist, plus a little recess, of course! :)
They grow up so fast!
Way to go Max!!! You look so grown up! Love you.
What a momentous milestone...good for Max!
Hey Jessica
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I just had to say hi! Your kids are adorable, and I am so glad Max liked Kindergarten. I think the mom's have a harder time letting go then the kids do. Take Care
It almost made me homesick for the kindergarten classroom to see Max going to school. I'm sure he will be the top of the class---he is sooo ready. Way to go Max!
Love ya, Grandma Sally
Atta boy Little Dude! Only 17 more years to go.....
Hey - it was nice to see you guys yesterday! And I'm sorry about the embarassment . . . But I hope to see more up on this blog soon!
Post a Comment